Thursday, October 15, 2009

Leno at Ten-O

Jay Leno at 10pm ET, huh?? Well, I may not be the first to say it, but…..brilliant move, NBC! I'm getting used to this early, late-night talk show thing.
Finally, we've challenged the standards we've accepted for so long. Does a late-night talk show really have to be that late at night anyway? The definition of late-night is surely subjective. Is it not?
Those of us who wake up in the wee hours of the morning (thankfully not me, of course. I'm just trying to represent!), may have a different idea of what late-night is. 10pm is certainly "late-night" to much of the working world. Sure, some of us may have those fancy DVR-thingamajiggies, which make airtime irrelevant (Not me . I'm just saying…some people do have 'em.) However, late-night talk shows are best viewed late at night…or at least extra-late evening…in order to achieve it's full entertainment value. Maybe things seem funnier when you're sleepier. And now, 10pm is the new 11:35pm!

Would I have preferred that it was Letterman or Conan who switched to 10pm instead of Leno? Yeah, probably. However, I can at least get a good dose of comedy and celebs as I'm drifting off to sleep.
Perhaps we can get SNL to change to Wednesdays at 9pm! That'd be more convenient, no? WNL? Hmmm..while they're at it, maybe they can move some of those morning shows that I always miss when I'm at work to the early evening! "Early Evening with Regis and Kelly!"?? Hmmm…maybe not...but something to think about. Alright, well...it's dinner time. I'm going to go make myself some bacon and eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Directory